The Restoring Trust campaign urges local officials to not be accomplices to detention and deportation. Specifically we ask them to not comply with voluntary requests from ICE to hold and turn over people for deportation. A growing number of cities have enacted these progressive policies,including Washington DC, Santa Clara, CA, and Cook County, Illinois and more.
Together we’re forging an alternative to the Arizonification of our country.
For critical resources (factsheets, enacted policies, toolkits) click here: http://altopolimigra.com/detainers
To connect with our partners at the Interfaith Immigration Coalition click here: http://www.interfaithimmigration.org
Thanks to everyone who participated in the national week of action July 9-13th! Over 14 cities working to pass ordinances and policies to restore trust in our communities.
The California state legislature has passed the TRUST act–a bill that will protect thousands of families against the threat of deportation. We need your help to get CA Gov. Jerry Brown to sign this legislation!
Please support the passage of the CA TRUST Act by sending an “organizational support letter” LINK
If you’re an individual and resident of California you can SIGN THE PETITION HERE.
- Secure Communities Costs Los Angeles County More Than $26 Million A Year: Report
- California Lawmakers Propose Changes to Deportation Program
- Santa Clara County sheriff wades into Capitol immigration debate
- What exactly does the TRUST Act do?
- LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa: Obama Should Follow California On Secure Communities Immigration Program
- LA County Sheriff Lee Baca should release jail records